- Get your family back into a sleep routine. Sleep is essential for children, they need adequate sleep for their physical and emotional well being. I posted earlier this summer about all the reasons sleep is so important, during the school year it is even more so. Kids who do not get enough sleep become irritable and struggle with learning and paying attention. Taking time to get your child into a sleep routine will benefit them so much when school begins. If you wait until school starts your child will not have the best start to their year and your evenings at home will be stressful for everyone.
- Practice your morning routine. As a mom, I know that the mornings before school are by far one of the most stressful times for my family. I never want to start the day having lost my patience with my own children, but there have been many chaotic mornings. Having your child get up at their normal before school wake time and go through their routine will be a great support for them and you. If you practice you can be more realistic with the amount of time each of their morning activities take and figure out the tasks that your child may need some help with. I recommend an easy visual schedule for kids to help them be able to go through their basic morning tasks on their own, I also recommend a visual timer if they are easily distracted.
- Take time to look through all of the following links so you feel prepared for the school year:
Here is our grade level supply list for 2019-2020 school year, if you have any questions don’t hesitate to email me. Also if for any reason you are unable to purchase supplies notify me and supplies will be provided for any child at Pinewood.
You can find Pinewood specific calendar on our web page just scroll down:
Pinewood Building Tour (2016)
This video is a couple of years old, so some of the staff members have changed, but the building set up is still the same. Many children feel better prepared for school the more they have been in the building or have seen the building.
Jenison Food Service
All of the information you’ll need about our lunch and breakfast program is available on our food service website: www.jenhudfood.org
Please click on any of these links for more information:
- Menus & Prices
- Meal Charging Policy
- How Lunch Works: Elementary or Middle/High School
- Free/Reduced Meal Application : A NEW application must be filled out every year! Applications from last year will EXPIRE on October 4, 2019!
- Depositing Money: Instructions
- Online Deposits: Send Money To School – No Fees charged for deposits until September 30!
All of our transportation information can be found on their website:
Before and After School Care:
We have a wonderful Before and After School Care Program in our gym every school day. For more information about how to sign up please see their website:
Our Parking Lot:
Our school was built in 1967, designed for traffic from 1967 to access our parking lot it requires a bit of patience and understanding from everyone. Please take a few minutes to watch this video so we can keep all of our students safe as they are coming to and leaving school.